On April 20, 2020 the Governor’s “Re-Open Florida Task Force” met for the first time. Speaking on the call were Governor DeSantis, Mark Wilson and Jerry Parish of the Florida Chamber (view the Chamber’s presentation on Florida’s economy), Division of Emergency Management (DEM) Director Jared Moskowitz, Surgeon General Scott Rivkees, Agency for Health Care Administration (AHCA) Secretary Mary Mayhew, and Chief of Staff Shane Strum.
The executive members of the task force will meet via conference call every day this week at 2pm, with the last call scheduled for Friday. Audio streaming is available via The Florida Channel. In between calls, there will be committees meeting virtually, grouped by industry. The Governor has asked for recommendations within a week.
- Lt. Gov. Jeanette Nuñez
- Florida Chief Financial Officer Jimmy Patronis
- Florida Attorney General Ashley Moody
- Florida Senate President Bill Galvano
- Florida House Speaker Jose Oliva
- Senate President-designate Wilton Simpson
- House Speaker-designate Chris Sprowls
- Education Commissioner Richard Corcoran
- Jamal Sowell, President & CEO, Enterprise Florida
- Miami-Dade County Mayor Carlos Gimenez
- Broward County Mayor Dale Holness
- Palm Beach County Mayor David Kerner
- John Couris, President & CEO, Tampa General Hospital
- Josh D’Amaro, President, Walt Disney World Resort
- Todd Jones, CEO, Publix Super Markets
- Syd Kitson, Chairman, Board of Governors for the State University System
- Paul Reilly, Chairman & CEO, Raymond James Financial
- Alex Sanchez, President & CEO, Florida Bankers Association
- Eric Silagy, President & CEO, Florida Power & Light Company
- John Sprouls, CEO, Universal Orlando Resort and Executive Vice President, Universal Parks & Resorts
- Patrick Sunderlin, Vice President, Global Supply Chain, Lockheed Martin Corp.
- Joe York, President, AT&T Florida and Caribbean